Friday, July 4, 2008
It´s the end of the semester and I already have that feeling of sadness for leaving you. It was a huge pleasure to be your teacher and to learn so much from each one of you.
This is a feedback I´d like to give you. I´ve learned so much from blogging that I felt I needed to give my students the experience of working with a new means of communication you could use to express yourselves in English. I know some of you didn´t have so much time to devote to the project but all in all I considered it a success. At the beginning your posts were very shy but more and more I noticed you found your "own voices in English. How do you feel about blogging now? Do you plan to keep your blog or is it something you don´t intend to keep? Please, use the comments are to give me some feedback.
I´ve also created the slideshow below as a gift to you, with all the blogs you´ve created. It´s YOU I see in each of them, your interest, your style, your way of seeing the world. HOPE TO BE YOUR TEACHER AGAIN. Click on the play button and enjoy.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
We´re close to the end of the semester, so it´s revision time:
- Quizlet: Film
- Quizlet: Shopping
- Wordshoot: Game (shopping)
- English File Site: Shopping / Cinema
- Student´s Book pages 153/ 154
- Word Formation (SB p94, 95)
- English File site(Reported Speech, Passive and Relative Pronouns)
- Student´s Book p140, 141.
GET READY for the Oral Assessment
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Let´s meme each other. New word? We´re creating a chain of posts.
- Pick a classmate´s e-mail.
- Send your classmate an e-mail with 3 questions he/she should write about in their blog.(Ex:Tell me about a place you´d love to go.)
- After following your classmate´s suggestion for a post, send him/her an e-mail with the link to your blog.
Thursday, May 15, 2008
- Student´s Book p.152 (work)
- Quizlet (memorization exercise)
- English File site
- Student´s Book p.75 (verbs / adj + prep.)
Use the revision class ppt to help you prepare for the written test:
Saturday, May 3, 2008
Let´s practise vocabulary:
Go to QUIZLET and do the exercises the site has generated for you. I´m sure after having done them you´ll have memorized all the words we´ve seen in unit 5C.
-online exercise about connectors: whereas, also, although, etc.
- grammar exercises: quantifiers, articles (a, an, the) and gerund/infinitive.
-more vocabulary work: crossword, wordsearch.
As we´re talking about work, how about learning how to write a letter?
This is a letter generator which will help you write your first formal letter. As soon as you finish your letter, don´t forget to print it and bring the copy to your teacher.
Now, it´s impossible not to learn. It´s up to you, the tools for learning are right here at your fingertips.
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
get MORE SKINS from fancygens.com
As 22nd April is "Earth Day", I´d like to propose to our group that our April post be devoted to the topic ENVIRONMENT. On this specific day, people all over the world will be writing, reading and discussing about environmental problems and solutions. When you publish your post remember to Label it (tag) as earthcast08.
I´ve come across several videos and sites related to the topic and would like YOU to have a look at them. You could associate your original topic to my suggestion (EX: animals + environment= their habitat, or animal extinction) or write a brand new topic inspired by any of the videos below or anything else which inspires you.
- Global Warning (narrated by Leonardo DiCaprio)
- The story of stuff :Extraction, Consumption, Disposal
- Heathy Oceans, healthy humans
- Earth to America (Blue Man Group)
- Sorry Earth
- Consequences of Global Warming
- Water Planet (Leonardo DiCaprio)
- Walking over the ocean
- Breathe in, breathe out
- Greenpeace video
- Our Planet Earth
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Monday, March 10, 2008
Friday, March 7, 2008
Three Intermediate groups are preparing presentations about Brazil for the International Project we are involved in : "Sister classes". This is the blog where all groups from 6 different countries are going to publish their presentations http://esleflstudents.edublogs.org/
Ronaldo´s group from Brasília has already published a presentation about 5 cities in Brazil. Watch the presentation and leave a comment as a text or a recording. The presentation we´re preparing will look like that. So, don´t forget to bring your texts next class so that we can record ourselves and publish our work too.
BLOGS from BRASILIA http://finally5b.21classes.com/
Click on the blog you want to read and then you can leave comments.
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Let´s visit the blogs you have created. The blogs can be found at http://www.pageflakes.com/anamariacult . Check out the tabs (abas) Ana Maria´s groups and Danubia´s groups at the top left-hand corner of the screen. Read posts, and when writing comments mention something you liked, a suggestion or even a question. You can also invite people to visit your blog. Remember to sign your comment with your name and your blog address below (so that people can visit you).
- Students from Brasília are also creating blogs and have visited some of your blogs. Let´s visit them at Finally 5B.
- IMPORTANT: Remember to allow visitors to comment in your blog by going to Settings, comments, click on anyone.
Thursday, February 14, 2008
- Create a blog in BLOGGER. Set the language to ENGLISH.
- Write your first post which should include the purpose (topic) of the blog. Remember to write using your own words (Ctrl C + ctrl V = plagiarism).
This is a TUTORIAL to help you create your first POST.
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Technology related Blogs
Which one did you like best from each category? Why? Write in the comments area.
Thursday, January 31, 2008
- What´s the difference between the news in the 20th / 21st Century?
- How can anyone become a reporter?
- How can people interact with other people using blogs?
- What kinds of blogs are there?
- How many blogs have been created since 2003?
- Each student will create a blog (free choice of topic).
- The blog should have at least 5 posts ( one post a month).
- The blog can include texts, pictures, videos, songs and widgets.
- Students wil interact with other students and groups by visiting each other blogs and leaving comments.
The blogs created by students will be visited by the teacher regularly and will be evaluated monthly. Organization, creativity, willingness to participate will be taken into consideration. The objective of writing blogs is not to check mistakes but to develop writing habits ; therefore, spelling or grammar mistakes will not be evaluated.